Tuesday 6 October 2015

Creating a Calm Space in Your Home


This week (5th - 11th October) marks the first Graham & Brown Wallpaper Week. Wallpaper has made a comeback in the design world in a big way, and I can't wait for our build to be finished so I can start decorating walls and spaces and making our house feel like a home. Wallpaper can bring life to a corner of your home, and can set a mood depending on the texture, colour and print it displays.

I think it it is very important to create a space in your home that feels like a retreat. Yes - it is great to go on a resort holiday where you can relax, but wouldn't it be amazing if you could recreate this feeling in your own home?  I have been pinning like a mad woman during the build, and plan on making a focus of our Master Bedroom a quiet little reading nook.
Everyone has different ways of relaxing and setting themselves up for a successful week. I like to start my week off with a planning session in my Pelledori Traveler's Notebook, and having a calm little space to do so is very important to me. Other ways I like to relax by are reading books, magazines or blogs with a cup of coffee (or wine, depending on the time of day!), having a Pinterest pinning session or watching a few of my favourite shows.


Blues and greys have long been classed as calming colours (which works for me as they are two of my favourites!) so with that in mind, I have created a mood board to help inspire me when I finally get to create this space. I hope it also inspires you! I am looking forward to the next few Graham & Brown posts when we are in our house and I can start to share some of our spaces with you all.

{sources, clockwise from top left}









How do you like to relax?

What calming spaces have you created in your home?



Disclaimer : this post was a collaboration with Graham & Brown, as a part of their Year in Design initiative. As always, all thoughts and opinion are 100% my own, and I endeavour to only collaborate with brands and labels that I personally use or like, with my readers in mind :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...